If you're trying to make more positive changes to your health, you might consider a stay at a raw food yoga detox center. The combination of restorative yoga, body cleansing, and even spa treatments could be just the rejuvenation your body calls for.
Is Detoxing Right For You?
There are many perspectives regarding the need for detoxification. Some physicians say there's absolutely no need to detox the body by fasting or other measures, simply because the body has organs and processes in place already that function in that capacity. Other professionals believe the body sometimes needs a jumpstart to resume proper function or to purge external pollutants.
There are many methods of detoxification. One of the simplest ways is to take a day of rest, limiting your food and drink intake to fresh juices, herbal teas, and vegetable broths, and resuming regular activities the next day. Other programs may be more complex, lasting up to 10 days and involving such methods as colon cleansing, intense massage, abdomen manipulation, and special clarifying tonics, concluding with a completely new diet plan.
If you've never tried detoxing before, talk with your health practitioner about the reasons why it might be beneficial for you. Try the one-day detox first to make sure there are no ill effects. If you're already a raw foodist, examine the reason why detoxing is necessary before embarking on an extensive retreat.
Raw Food Yoga Detox Centers
Here are some popular raw food yoga detox centers to consider. Each one provides many of the fundamentals of detoxification, plus a host of other services and educational opportunities.
- Annapurna Center for Self-Healing - This center is much like a full-service B&B, but with a new age twist. There's an extensive list of health services, including cleansing programs, spa services, and yoga. The center serves an OrganicAlive menu.
- The Raj - One of the premier Ayurveda health spas in the world is centered in Iowa farm country. This comprehensive facility offers customized treatments for various ailments, direction in adapting to an Ayurvedic diet, and wellness programs such as yoga, massage, and other spa services.
- Revitalive Health & Wellness - You'll find this haven of living food along the sea in Newburyport, Massachusetts. This center doesn't offer yoga on a regular basis, but it has a variety of cleansing programs and other wellness events. Lodging isn't available on site, but the center has discount agreements with nearby hotels.
- Sanivan Holistic Retreat and Spa - Just two hours from New York City in the Catskill Mountains, this luxurious getaway features fasting and detoxification retreats, yoga, swimming, meditation, a labyrinth, spa services, and more.
- Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center - Located in Patagonia, Arizona, this organization is celebrated as a leader for the living food movement. You'll find a host of seminars, workshops, yoga and meditation classes, and hands-on events. Medical professional supervise your detoxification, fasting, and other health programs.
- Waterfall Villas - For an exotic and romantic getaway, this center in Costa Rica may have all you're looking for. There are detox yoga and Kundalini yoga programs, fasting detox programs, and a menu of vegan, raw, and live cuisine. Enjoy excursions through the beautiful jungle and relax with a variety of spa treatments.
At LoveToKnow Vegetarian, there's an entire category of topics about the raw food lifestyle. From planning menus to understanding the pros and cons of the practice, there are many articles to help you along this path.