If you love yoga and you love to dance, Yoga Booty Ballet may be just the workout you've been searching for. Also known as YBB, this innovative program combines yoga-inspired moves with fun dance routines to help participants lose weight, build muscles, and improve their self-confidence. As proof of Yoga Booty Ballet's success, celebrities like Sarah Michelle Gellar, Tori Spelling, Sara Rue, Allison Munn, Sharon Lawrence, and Carrie-Anne Moss are said to follow this exercise program.
Plies and Pop Music
The Yoga Booty Ballet program was created by Gillian Marloth and Teigh McDonough in 1998. Marloth is a fitness instructor and former competitive ice skater who feels the program helps people express themselves while getting into shape. McDonough is a professional dancer and personal trainer who believes in helping people "free their funky inner ballerina!"
In the beginning, Yoga Booty Ballet classes were only taught at Swerve in Los Angeles. However, the popularity of the program led to the development of a teacher training class. Now, YBB fans who complete this course can become certified to teach their own classes anywhere in the United States.
In addition to the formal classes, Marloth and McDonough have created instructional DVDs to bring Yoga Booty Ballet to people from across the country. Now, Yoga Booty Ballet DVDs are one of the most popular infomercial products in the United States.
The series offers about a dozen titles, including:
- Total Toning Basics/Advanced Fat Burning, which features three segments: meditation and yoga poses, a full-body workout combining dance, yoga, ballet, and strengthening, and a longer advanced workout expanding on the other routines.
- Abdominals and Core Strength Sculpt, with three 12-minute core strength sessions and one 53-minute sculpting and cardio workout.
- Complete Body Shaping, a series of live performance routines that simulate the creator's Hollywood studio experience.
- Cardio Caberet, Burlesque Style, which reviewers report to be a fun and high-energy combination of routines.
No previous knowledge of yoga is needed for you to enjoy the YBB workout. If you listen and follow along, you'll be dancing in no time at all!
Is YBB Right for Me?
If you're thinking about trying the Yoga Booty Ballet workout, you may be wondering if the system will work for you. According to fans, YBB is a good choice if you agree with the following statements:
- I like to dance.
- I'm interested in a more active workout than what is offered in a traditional yoga practice.
- I want to lose weight while increasing muscle mass.
- I want to learn to feel better about how I look.
- Most of the workouts I've tried in the past have been too boring for me to stick with.
Of course, you should always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program. People with certain medical conditions should not use the Yoga Booty Ballet system.