Capri yoga pants may be cute and hot yoga shorts may keep you cool, but tall yoga pants keep your ankles warm and add some stylish versatility to your everyday wardrobe. If you need more than a 31-inch inseam, those may not be as easy to find as you'd think, and too-short pants can be a distraction during your practice. Luckily, there are some stores that carry yoga pants in tall sizes.
Shopping for Tall Yoga Pants
Tall Women's Clothes
Tall Women's Clothes features yoga and active wear, plus other clothes for height-advantaged women. There is an LEL Yoga Pant with a 36" inseam, and it's available in eggplant, graphite, and black.
Fit Couture has many styles of fun yoga pants that you can wear for a workout or while running errands. The Rio is a sleek black look with a foldover, colored waistband for $54. The Everyday Yoga Pants have a 33-35-inch inseam and a contoured shape.
Sivana Spirit offers a diverse selection of yoga apparel. One tall yoga pants option is the Reflex Yoga Pant, available in four colors. The site offers free shipping within the U.S. on orders over $95.
Long Tall Sally
Long Tall Sally has store locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. You can also order and learn how to take better measurements online.
Make Your Own
If you enjoy designing clothing or are trying to save money, you can make your own tall yoga pants. All you need is a pattern.
Gorgeous Killah has a template of funky, expressive tie-dye styles you make original with your choice of colors and patches. Average prices ranges from $30-$70, not including shipping.
Pattern Review.com features a simple tall yoga pant pattern by Kwik Sew that accommodates a variety of fabrics, including velvet, textured knits, and stretch velour. Buy the pattern for only $8.99.
Clotilde offers a drawstring-waist yoga pant pattern that can be modified for low- or-high rise style, as well as knee and capri-length pants. Pants are $10.98 for a S-4XL pattern.
What to Look for While Shopping
When you're shopping, be sure to check the inseam if you're searching for tall yoga pants specifically, not just longer-than-usual ones:
- A 29-inch inseam is petite
- A 31-inch inseam is regular
- A 33-inch inseam is long
- A 35-inch inseam is extra long
Keep these other tips in mind as well:
- Just because a size is XL doesn't mean it will be the right length. Tall women might also consider trying on men's yoga pants, as they tend to have more length.
- To avoid shrinking, the choice of fabric and drying method is very important. Most blended fabrics won't shrink. However, many cottons and hemp, even organic versions, will shorten a bit. Always wash yoga pants in cold water, and tumble lightly in the dryer for about 5-10 minutes, then hang dry.
- If you notice a bit of scrunch, stretching the pants a little after washing will help them retain length. Avoid the dryer completely.
No More Unintentionally Cropped Pants
Once you've found or made your yoga pants in the tall sizes you need, you'll feel more comfortable in your practice. Be sure to care for your pants properly so that they'll last as long as possible. Too-short pants will be a thing of the past.